Savage is on Farm Road 40 twenty-five miles east of Lubbock in a prosperous cotton growing region in Crosby County. It was named for E. E. Savage, on whose property the first gin was erected in 1924. In 1927 the gin burned, but C. P. Dean purchased the site and rebuilt the gin in 1928. With Claud Adams serving as manager, the gin was modernized and has remained the primary business concern in Savage. A general store also served Savage at one time. The community was still listed in 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Savage is part of or belongs to the following places:
Savage is classified as a Town
Has Post Office