Schley was on the Old Georgetown Road six miles southwest of Gatesville in central Coryell County. It was established in the 1880s and named for W. A. Schley, who owned the land where it was built. In 1904 the community had a one-teacher school with thirty-six students. Residents were forced to move when the Fort Hood military reservation was established in the early 1940s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Schley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Schley is classified as a Town
Has Post Office