Elm, also called Seale's Chapel, in the extreme northeastern corner of Karnes County, was named for nearby Elm Creek. It had a post office from 1898 to 1911. Neal Bowen, father-in-law of John Wesley Hardin, ran a small grocery there, and the community also eventually had a cotton gin. The place declined after the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway was extended from Stockdale to Cuero in 1905, and Nixon was established in 1906. Highway maps in the early 1980s named Elm and showed a cemetery at the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Seale's Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
Seale's Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office