Siloam

Siloam is four miles northwest of Simms in southwestern Bowie County. It was settled before the Civil War. A post office granted in 1895 was discontinued in 1907. The farming and lumbering community had a population of thirty-eight in 1910. From 1933 through 1964 the population of the town was reported as seventy-five. In 1982 Siloam had a population of fifty and no rated businesses. Through 2000 the population was still reported as fifty.

Continue Reading

Claudia Hazlewood | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Siloam is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Siloam is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Bottle Springs)
  • (New Era)

Location

Latitude: 33.36345230
Longitude: -94.57325980

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

50