Stringtown

Stringtown is on Little Elm Creek nine miles southeast of Temple in southeastern Bell County. The community had a post office named String from 1901 to 1904 and a school called Dyess Grove, which served some seventy-six pupils in 1903. In 1931 String had two businesses and in 1948 was the site of a church, Dyess Grove School, and scattered residences. In 1964 the community was called Stringtown and was the home of a Dyess Grove Church. The community no longer appeared on State Highway Maps in 1988.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Stringtown is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Stringtown is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [String]
  • (Dyess Grove)

Location

Latitude: 31.02379270
Longitude: -97.24110950

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No