Sulphur Spring

Sulphur Spring was the name shown on maps in the early 1850s for the spring that feeds into Ojo de Agua Creek two miles northeast of the site of present Runge in Karnes County. The road from Goliad to San Antonio crossed the Ojo de Agua Creek at the spring. From 1859 to 1867 it was designated Mineral Spring.

Continue Reading

Robert H. Thonhoff | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sulphur Spring is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists


Place type

Sulphur Spring is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Runge)

Has Post Office


Is Incorporated