Sycamore

Sycamore was on Sycamore Creek and the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway eighteen miles west of Brackettville in far west Kinney County. The community was evidently established sometime during the westward extension of the GH&SA road through Kinney County in 1883. A Sycamore school, which served as the community center and church meetinghouse, was operated for a short while after 1910; seven students were taught by Roy McIntosh at the school in 1914. The community appears to have been abandoned by 1946.

Continue Reading

Ruben E. Ochoa | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sycamore is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sycamore is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.38765400
Longitude: -100.70107000

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No