Trammels

Trammels was a small farming community in eastern Fort Bend County fourteen miles northeast of Richmond, at the junction of a graded and drained road and State Highway 6. Little is known regarding early settlement. Trammels was served by the mail route from Dewalt. In 1936 the community had a row of dwellings, one business, and some five farm units. Although Trammels appeared on county maps, population statistics were never recorded. By 1987 Trammels had disappeared from county maps. A portion of the site is covered by a small man-made lake, and the remainder has been absorbed by Dewalt.

Continue Reading

Stephen L. Hardin | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Trammels is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Trammels is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Trammells]

Location

Latitude: 29.53468070
Longitude: -95.53744410

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No