Union

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Lubbock County

Union is a farming community on Farm Road 41 six miles west of Slaton in south central Lubbock County. The community was named for its Union Sunday School, which met at the schoolhouse about 1900 and which included Baptists, Methodists, Nazarenes, Presbyterians, and members of the Church of Christ. The schoolhouse served as a meeting place for various other community activities; the structure was demolished, however, when the school was consolidated with the Cooper Rural High School in 1936. In 1948 the community still had a store, a gin, and a church. In the late 1980s Union included a gin and a seed firm and had about fifteen residents.

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Union is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Union is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.41397740
Longitude: -101.77293860

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No