Valmont

Valmont was at a site just off present State Highway 16 and thirteen miles south of downtown San Antonio in southwestern Bexar County. The community, first settled sometime after the Civil War, was described as "a scattered neighborhood" with about 150 voters in 1894. A post office operated at the site from 1895 to 1896, when local mail was routed through Somerset. After 1900 the community was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Valmont is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Valmont is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No