Weaver was near Lost Springs eleven miles southwest of Camp Wood in northeastern Kinney County. The community was probably named for the Weaver family who constructed a log home near the spring in 1884. A school house built the same year was the focus of the Weaver school district and was attended by the Sprott, Yancy, Herndon, and Weaver children during its early years of operation. Records indicate that twenty students attended the one-teacher Weaver School in 1897. The school was discontinued in 1901, when six students were in attendance. The Weaver School building was reconditioned and used as a hay barn on the Herndon Ranch until the mid-1970s. There is evidence that a cemetery was maintained in the community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Weaver is part of or belongs to the following places:
Weaver is classified as a Town
Has Post Office