Rosslyn, also known as White Oak, was a rural German community west of White Oak Bayou on what was then the western edge of Houston in west central Harris County. In the 1880s it had a population of 300. A post office was established in 1911 and discontinued in 1917, when mail was delivered from North Houston. In 1936 the community was listed on state highway maps. By 1982 Houston had grown around the two abandoned railroad stations that marked the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
White Oak is part of or belongs to the following places:
White Oak is classified as a Town
Has Post Office