Willow Springs

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Rains County

Willow Springs is off Farm Road 3274 four miles south of Emory in southern Rains County. It was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of ninety-three. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained. In 1990 the reported population was fifty. The population remained the same in 2000.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Willow Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Willow Springs is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Willow]
  • (Goff)

Location

Latitude: 32.81651270
Longitude: -95.75079610

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

25