Adalia was twelve miles northeast of Lockhart in northeast Caldwell County. The settlement, named by early settler Walton Rife for his daughter, Ada, began in the 1870s as a center for cattle raising. By the turn of the century its economy had shifted to crops, primarily cotton, corn, and cane. A post office was established at Walton Rife's Blue Store in 1901 and discontinued in 1904. The Adalia school was consolidated with the Lytton Springs school in the 1930s. Adalia had ceased to exist by the 1970s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Adalia is part of or belongs to the following places:
Adalia is classified as a Town
Has Post Office