Blalack was on the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway near U.S. Highway 83 four miles northwest of Brownsville in southern Cameron County. In 1907 a school at the site had twenty-four students under the instruction of one teacher. The following year the Texas and New Orleans Railroad was built three miles east of the school. Blalack is probably named for P. E. Blalock, an important developer in the area. In 1948 the community comprised several scattered dwellings. By 1983 it no longer existed, and the site was in the Brownsville city limits.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Blalack is part of or belongs to the following places:
Blalack is classified as a Town
Has Post Office