Boxwood, on Farm Road 1649 twelve miles northeast of Gilmer in eastern Upshur County, was probably founded in the 1880s or early 1890s. A post office operated there from 1895 to 1906. Around 1900 Boxwood had a population of thirty. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a school, a store, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II its school was consolidated with the Ore City school, and by the mid-1960s all that remained of Boxwood was a few widely scattered houses. In 2000 the population was twenty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Boxwood is part of or belongs to the following places:
Boxwood is classified as a Town
- (Glade Spring)
Has Post Office
Boxwood by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."