Brogado is on Sandia Creek and U.S. Highway 290 a mile northeast of Balmorhea in southwestern Reeves County. It was founded before 1880 by Mexican farmers who were drawn to the area by the abundant springwater. A Brogado post office operated in an adobe building from 1894 until 1918. A public school with twenty-four students and one teacher was in session in 1897. The settlement was named for a visiting priest, Father Brogado, who was revered by the people of the parish. In the 1990s Brogado remained a farming community with a store. At the heart of the settlement stood its old Catholic church and cemetery. Brogado reported a population of 122 in 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Brogado is part of or belongs to the following places:
Brogado is classified as a Town
- (San Jose)
Has Post Office