Carver was an African-American community located on Farm Road 39 about six miles south of Jewett and nine miles west-northwest of Centerville in northwestern Leon County. Around the early 1900s a school named Carver School opened to serve African-American families in the region. A new building was constructed in 1949. Carver School closed in the 1960s. By 2000 the name Carver was still shown on highway maps, but no real community existed. The old school building was owned by a private owner who used the structure as a residence and business. No population estimates were available.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Carver is part of or belongs to the following places:
Carver is classified as a Town
Has Post Office