Palava, on a county road three miles east of State Highway 70 and twelve miles southeast of Roby in south central Fisher County, was originally called Center Point. The post office opened around 1900, and the town served as a trade and cotton-ginning community, with stores, schools, and churches. A gradual decline began in the 1930s. By 1940 the post office was discontinued, and the town had a population of 100 and two businesses. By 1970 only three houses were left. The population was twelve in 1980 and 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Center Point is part of or belongs to the following places:
Center Point is classified as a Town
- [Center Hill]
Has Post Office