Clarkson

Clarkson is on Farm Road 1445 nine miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County. A post office operated there from 1889 to 1906. In 1903 the community had a one-teacher school for forty-three White students and a two-teacher school for 105 Black students. Clarkson had a population of fifty in the 1940s, and the schools were consolidated with the Cameron Independent School District by the early 1950s. Clarkson had ten residents in 1990 and again in 2000.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Clarkson is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Clarkson is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Viola)

Location

Latitude: 30.99518560
Longitude: -96.92498490

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

10