Claytonville is just west of Farm Road 419 ten miles southwest of Roby in southwestern Fisher County. It has had five different locations in the sparsely settled section of the county. The first school was conducted in a tent on the Walter Caves place in 1888, and the post office was established the same year. The office took its name from Rube Clayton, manager of an area ranch established in 1883. The community's meeting place was the attractive Eighteen Springs, the water source for the area. The post office closed before 1940, when the community had a school, three businesses, and sixty people. The population was twenty-one in 1980 and 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Claytonville is part of or belongs to the following places:
Claytonville is classified as a Town
Has Post Office