Cooper Creek

Cooper Creek, two miles east of Denton on a creek in Denton County, attracted settlers because of the water and the available timber. It was established about 1900 and has served as a church and school community. By 1990 Cooper Creek was in the city limits of Denton, and only the Cooper Creek Baptist Church and Cooper Creek Cemetery were left as a reminder of its past.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Cooper Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Cooper Creek is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.24039630
Longitude: -97.08139980

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No