Crews was also known as Swamp City, probably because of its location near the swamps of the Sabine River in Gregg County. It was named for Dr. C. C. Crews, a dentist in Longview and the donor of the land on which the Crews Baptist Church was built. The town was founded by 1931, when its population was reported as 300; its population had decreased to fifty by 1966. Oil provided the main industry and occupation of the inhabitants. The community was no longer shown on the 1984 county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Crews is part of or belongs to the following places:
Crews is classified as a Town
- (Swamp City)
Has Post Office