Delrose, on U.S. Highway 271 three miles north of Gilmer in north central Upshur County, was established around 1885 as a stop on what later became the St. Louis Southwestern Railway of Texas. In the mid-1930s the settlement consisted of a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and the school closed; by the mid-1960s Delrose was only a few scattered houses. In 1990 it was still a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was thirty-five.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Delrose is part of or belongs to the following places:
Delrose is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Delrose by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."