Ellison Ridge

Ellison Ridge was near Farm Road 486 four miles northeast of Thorndale in southwestern Milam County. It was named for R. Ellison and had a one-teacher school with twenty-eight White students and a one-teacher school with forty-four Black students in 1903. A school and a few scattered houses were shown at the site on county highway maps in 1941. The Ellison Ridge schools were consolidated with the Thorndale Independent School District in 1946. By 1988 no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Ellison Ridge is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Ellison Ridge is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No