Elm Ridge

Elm Ridge is on U.S. Highway 190 some four miles west of Cameron in central Milam County. It was probably established after the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway built through the area in 1881. The community was named for Elm Creek. In 1903 the settlement had a school with two teachers and eighty students. The school and a few scattered houses were shown at the site on the 1941 county highway map. The community's population was reported as twenty-five in 1990 and again in 2000.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Elm Ridge is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Elm Ridge is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.84768970
Longitude: -97.04137730

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

25