Eskota, on Sweetwater Creek in southeastern Fisher County, in 1881 was a shipping point on the Texas and Pacific Railway for Dan and Riley Trent's ranch. The community's post office was established in 1888 and received its name after the "Eskota" rather than the "Trent" station marker sign was delivered. Eskota is a word of Indian derivation. The settlement prospered for a time as the only railroad town in the county. Its two-story hotel served train crews and other travelers. In 1947 Eskota had fifty people, a church, a store, and a section house. By the early 1980s it had one business and was on the Missouri Pacific. The community still existed in 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Eskota is part of or belongs to the following places:
Eskota is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Eskota by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."