Ferns, beside Caddo Lake twelve miles northeast of Marshall and eight miles north of Scottsville in northeastern Harrison County, was founded before 1888, when a post office was opened there. The settlement had twenty-five inhabitants, two general stores, and five cotton gins in 1890. By 1896 it had grown to fifty residents and had a voting box and Methodist and Baptist churches. The Ferns school served twenty-eight students in 1897. The community's post office was moved to Hailey in 1900. Ferns was not shown on county highway maps by 1948.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ferns is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ferns is classified as a Town
Has Post Office