Garlock

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Grayson County

Cherry Mound is on Farm Road 1753 some ten miles northeast of Sherman in northeastern Grayson County. Settlement at the site began in the mid-1850s, when the David Cherry family arrived and settled on a rise that provided a view of the countryside. In the 1940s the community there had a school, a church, two businesses, and a number of scattered dwellings. Cherry Mound served area farmers and cattle ranchers as a school and church community. In 1988 Cherry Mound was still named on the county highway map, though no structures were shown at the site.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Garlock is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Garlock is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Cherry Mound)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No