Barado was located eight miles southeast of Huntsville on what is now Farm Road 2296. The village served the region surrounding Kelly's Switch on the Great Northern Railroad. The switch was located a mile north of the present intersection of Farm Road 2296 and U.S. Highway 75 and served the sawmill operated nearby by John F. Kelly, Jr., and Hervey Kelly. Barado was established in 1893 and had a population of fifteen in 1896. At one time the community had a store and a school. The post office was in operation from 1892 until 1912. In later years a boiler explosion at the mill killed John Kelly, and the mill was closed. By the 1930s nothing remained in the area except the ruins of the old mill.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Kelley's is part of or belongs to the following places:
Kelley's is classified as a Town
Has Post Office