Lacy was ten miles southwest of Burnet in southwestern Burnet County. A post office was established there in 1880; John E. Simm was postmaster. By 1884 Lacy had a gristmill, a cotton gin, a general store, and forty residents; cotton was the principal shipment of area farmers. The post office was discontinued in 1888, and mail for the community was sent to Chappel (see FAIRLAND, TEXAS). Lacy residents probably moved away after the Burnet-Marble Falls section of the Austin and Northwestern Railroad was completed in 1889. No evidence of the community was shown on twentieth-century county highway maps.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Lacy is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists


Place type

Lacy is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (King Spring)


Latitude: 30.63713070
Longitude: -98.31724730

Has Post Office


Is Incorporated