Leachville

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Milam County

Leachville was two miles west of Tracy in west central Milam County. A post office was in operation from 1879 until 1883, when the service was moved to Lilac. The Leachville Common School District was established in 1889, and the community had a Presbyterian church from 1893 to 1902. The Leachville school had two teachers and seventy students in 1903. The community did not appear on county highway maps in the 1940s.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Leachville is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Leachville is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Oak Mott)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No