Long Station, also known as Longs, was just south of Village Mills forty-one miles north of Beaumont in northern Hardin County. The construction of the Sabine and East Texas Railroad having opened the virgin forests of Hardin County to Southeast Texas lumbermen, a sawmill and railroad stop called Longs was established in 1882. The community of some 200 persons was named for the Long and Company Mill and located in the center of stately pine forests. Long Station townsite lots were being sold by 1895. The post office at nearby Village Mills moved to Long Station in 1938. Long Station continued to be listed as a separate community through the mid-1960s. The area, now known collectively as Village Mills, gets most of its economic strength from the Village Mills oilfields and Wildwood Resort City, located abut two miles to the west.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Long Station is part of or belongs to the following places:
Long Station is classified as a Town
- (Village Mills)
Has Post Office