Lumberton is between U.S. highways 69/287 and 96 twelve miles north of Beaumont in southern Hardin County. The Gulf, Beaumont and Kansas City Railway stop was established before 1902 to serve the numerous sawmills and logging camps in southern Hardin County. The Lumberton post office, opened in 1909, was discontinued, and mail was rerouted to Fletcher in 1914. Lumberton later became a residential suburb for Silsbee and Beaumont. Building upon the old Chance-Loeb Independent School District, the Lumberton ISD was founded in 1967. By 1970 the community's estimated population had reached 2,156. Lumberton was incorporated in 1973, and by 1980 its population was 2,480. In 1990 the population was 6,640. The population grew to 8,731 by 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Lumberton is part of or belongs to the following places:
Lumberton is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Lumberton by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."
|13,554||2020||United States Census Bureau|
|12,834||2019||Texas Demographic Center|
|11,943||2010||United States Census Bureau|
|8,731||2000||United States Census Bureau|
|6,640||1990||United States Census Bureau|