McDow was a railroad stop located in northern Wharton County. This station probably began by the early 1900s as a stop on the Cane Belt Railroad, which was later acquired by the Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe Railway. McDow was shown on county maps by 1918 and remained an active station at least through the 1930s. Wharton county histories do not record a school there. This region may have been part of the Bonus-Nedra school district, which encompassed two other rail stops south of McDow. The many stops along the Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe served the rice and sugar mill industries of the area. McDow was a ghost town and was not shown on maps by the late twentieth century.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
McDow is part of or belongs to the following places:
McDow is classified as a Town
Has Post Office