Nedra was on Farm Road 102 and the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway a mile south of Bonus and twelve miles north of Wharton in north central Wharton County. It was established in 1898 when the Cane Belt Railroad was surveyed. The community had a post office in 1919–20; mail was afterward delivered from Egypt. Local farmers shipped cotton, rice, and livestock from Egypt. The Nedra school merged with the Bonus school district, and in 1926 the Bonus-Nedra area had four schools, seventy-five White students, 110 Black students, and four teachers. In 1936 only the schools, two churches, and scattered dwellings remained between Bonus and Sand Ridge to the south. In 1958 the Bonus-Nedra school district was consolidated with the Hungerford Independent School District. By 1989 Nedra no longer appeared on state highway maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Nedra is part of or belongs to the following places:
Nedra is classified as a Town
Has Post Office