North Chapel, a farming community near Interstate Highway 20 two miles north of Kilgore in southwestern Gregg County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the small community had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was closed, and many of its residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained in the area.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
North Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
North Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office