Oak Valley

Gilbreth, also known as Oak Valley, was a widely dispersed community at the intersection of State Highway 154 and several country roads, two miles southeast of Yantis in northwestern Wood County. By 1905 it had a one-teacher school that served fifty students, and by 1932 the school had 124 students. Gilbreth is not shown on the 1988 county highway map, but the area church, known as Oak Valley, was still at the site.

Continue Reading

Rachel Jenkins | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Oak Valley is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Oak Valley is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Gilbreth)

Location

Latitude: 32.89234460
Longitude: -95.55578890

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No