Ophelia was a small rural community seven miles northeast of Lockhart in northern Caldwell County. A post office operated from 1880 until 1891, when mail was sent to Lockhart. By 1884 the community had two churches, a school, two steam gristmills and cotton gins, and thirty-five residents. Ophelia was not marked on county highway maps in the 1940s, and no population estimates were available.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ophelia is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ophelia is classified as a Town
- (Lamb's Shop)
Has Post Office