Pesch, a community on the Houston and Texas Central Railroad in southern Washington County, derived its name from its first postmaster, William Pesch. A post office was established in 1881, and Dorothea Pesch became postmistress in 1885. Possibly because of the growth of Phillipsburg the Pesch post office closed on October 15, 1891; it was reopened in 1892. By that year the town had a population of thirty, a mill, a gin, and one store. William L. Knolle was postmaster when the post office closed permanently in October 1898.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Pesch is part of or belongs to the following places:
Pesch is classified as a Town
Has Post Office