Pine Valley is at the junction of Four Notch Road and the Missouri-Pacific Railroad, seven miles southeast of Huntsville in southeastern Walker County. It had at various times a cotton gin, several stores, and a gristmill. A post office operated there from 1892 until 1919. In addition, the area supported lumbering activities and sawmill operations. In 1896 two stores, a sawmill, and a population of 150 were reported by the Texas State Gazetteer. By 1914 the population had risen to 200. A school, completed in 1916, drew students from Pine Valley and the surrounding settlements of Barado, Black Jack, Boswell, and Shepherd's Bottom. At the close of World War II only a church and a school remained at the site. In 1991 the town was no longer noted on county maps or in the Texas Almanac.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Pine Valley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Pine Valley is classified as a Town
Has Post Office