Polonia was a small rural community located five miles northwest of Lockhart in northwestern Caldwell County. The area was settled in the second half of the nineteenth century by a group of Polish immigrants. At one point the community had a church, two schools, a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, and a general store. County highway maps of the area in the late 1940s showed a school, a church, and a few scattered houses at the site. The school was consolidated with the Lockhart Independent School District in 1949. No population estimates were available, and only the cemetery marked the site on county highway maps in the 1980s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Polonia is part of or belongs to the following places:
Polonia is classified as a Town
Has Post Office