Reinhardt was on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad in what became the Casa Linda area of Dallas in eastern Dallas County. Dixon Branch ran through Reinhardt and entered White Rock Lake a mile to the west. The community, originally known as Ola, was on the land grant of W. S. B. Anderson and a road from Mesquite. Ola had a post office from 1884 to 1886. In 1886 the Gulf, Colorado, and Santa Fe Railway built northward from Dallas through the area, and the community was renamed Reinhardt after the president of the railroad. It opened a post office, which was discontinued in 1930. By the end of 1886 the community had three churches, several stores, a hotel, a school, and a racetrack. In 1890 Reinhardt had a population of thirty-seven that supported a railway station and telegraph office, a general store owned by postmaster E. H. Ueckert, and a physician named E. H. Forde. The town had one school with eighty-two White pupils and one teacher and another with thirty-five Black pupils and a teacher. In 1910 the community had a population of 100 and several stores, including two drugstores, a bank, and a cotton gin. By 1932 one store, a bank, and a cotton gin remained. In the 1940s Reinhardt served primarily as an overnight stop for travelers. In 1945 the population was 100. That year the site was annexed to Dallas.

Continue Reading

Matthew Hayes Nall | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Reinhardt is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists


Place type

Reinhardt is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Ola)


Latitude: 32.83512690
Longitude: -96.68916350

Has Post Office


Is Incorporated