Rue

Parvin is off of Farm Road 1385 in extreme east central Denton County. It was established about 1854 as the Rue Settlement, when it was the site of a log building that served both as school and Presbyterian church. The name was changed at some point to honor Henry Parvin, a local landowner. The community had a store, a blacksmith shop, a church, and a few houses before 1900. From the middle 1930s to 2000 Parvin reported a population of forty-four.

Continue Reading

Brian Hart | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Rue is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Rue is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-Settlement]
  • (Parvin)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No