San Angelo Junction

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Coleman County

San Angelo Junction was a small rural community at the junction of two branches of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe line, by State Highway 94 some five miles southeast of Coleman in central Coleman County. In 1899, when all that was present at the site was a railroad switch on what was then the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe, San Angelo Junction was the scene of an attempted robbery in which the express guard killed one robber and wounded another. The Junction school was built in the early 1900s and in 1938 had two teachers and forty-six pupils. In 1940 the community comprised scattered dwellings, a business, and the Junction school. The school was consolidated with that of Coleman in the 1940s, and by 1963 the site was deserted.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

San Angelo Junction is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

San Angelo Junction is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.77625860
Longitude: -99.36783900

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No