Sarco

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Goliad County

Sarco was on Farm Road 2441 eleven miles south of Goliad in southern Goliad County. The first post office existed from 1880 to 1883; the last was established under the name Sarco Creek in 1907 and operated until 1923. At some point the community maintained a school. Although the Texas Almanac listed a population of fifty from 1968 to 1986, the State Department of Highways and the county highway map designated Sarco as a rural cemetery in 1984. The population was reported in 1990 as forty. In 2000 the population was seventy-eight.

Continue Reading

Craig H. Roell | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sarco is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sarco is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 28.51166450
Longitude: -97.40221500

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No