Soules Chapel, on Farm Road 556 ten miles northwest of Gilmer in northwestern Upshur County, grew up around a Methodist church established in the early 1880s named for a Methodist bishop. A school was in operation there by the turn of the century, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of eighty-six students. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a store, the Methodist church, a cemetery, and a number of houses; the estimated population in 1936 was ten. After World War II the school was consolidated with the Harmony district, and by the mid-1960s only the church, a cemetery, and a few houses remained. In 1990 Soules Chapel was a dispersed rural community for which no recent population estimates were available.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Soules Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
Soules Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office