Tejon was at the site of what is now the intersection of Farm roads 511 and 1847, five miles north of Brownsville in southern Cameron County. It was a stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad in the mid-1930s. By 1936 there were several dwellings and a school in the area. The 1948 county highway map showed the community name, but it did not appear on later maps. In the United States, tejon is Spanish for "raccoon."
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Tejon is part of or belongs to the following places:
Tejon is classified as a Town
Has Post Office