Tilmon, on Farm Road 3158 ten miles southeast of Lockhart in southeastern Caldwell County, developed around Tilmon's Mill. During the antebellum Texas era this mill made molasses from cane grown in nearby creekbottoms. A post office operated at the community from 1890 to 1906. In 1905 Tilmon had a school with one teacher and forty-seven students. In 1936 the community consisted of a business, several residences, and separate schools for Black and White children. Tilmon reported twenty-five residents and two businesses in 1940. Its population was estimated at forty in 1949 and at twenty-five from 1970 through 1990, when it reported no businesses. The 1984 county highway map showed a community hall near the roadway. In 2000 the population was 117.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Tilmon is part of or belongs to the following places:
Tilmon is classified as a Town
- [-'s Mill]
- (Putnam's Store)
Has Post Office
Tilmon by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."