Walkers Creek

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Milam County

Walkers Creek is a small rural community located in north central Milam County five miles northeast of Cameron near Farm Road 485. It was named for William Henry Walker, who received a land grant in 1834 on what became known as Walkers Creek. A Baptist church was organized at Walkers Creek in 1882; W. G. Glazner was pastor. In 1903 the community had a two-teacher school with eighty-seven students. A school, a church, and a few scattered houses were shown in the area on county highway maps in the 1940s; a church, a community hall, and a cemetery were at the site in the 1980s. No population estimates for Walkers Creek were available.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Walkers Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Walkers Creek is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.92129890
Longitude: -96.94109610

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No